Guidelines for poster presentations:
- The poster board provided will be approximately 45’’ high x 45’' wide. Your poster presentation must fit within this size. Pushpins and thumbtacks will be made available at the poster area.
- It is the authors’ responsibility to set-up and remove poster.
- The posters can be set up from 8:00am to 8:45am and can be taken down between 2:00pm and 4:00 pm. The authors need not be present the entire time, but must be present during the time for poster session which is 10:00am to 11:00am.
- Make sure text can be read easily from a considerable distance (4-6 feet). Recommended text size is between 16 – 20 pt. The title should be larger than the rest of the text. Use legible fonts such as Serif, Sans-Serif, Times New Roman, or Baskerville.
- The audience for the symposium includes farmers, students and faculty. Prepare your presentations so that they address the target audience. Avoid using jargon and acronyms specific to your field of research.
- Organize different sections in your poster logically so that readers can follow through it easily. Use arrows, numbering, or whatever else makes sense in moving from one section to another.
- Simplicity is the key. Keep the content to the point, clear and concise. Verify that every item in your poster is necessary.
- Make sure that the visuals used in the poster can stand alone. Number the figures and tables according to the order in which they are first mentioned in the text.
- Be prepared to provide a brief summary of your project to the visitors. Allow the visitors to go through the information in the poster at their own pace. If a visitor asks a question, talk simply and openly about the work. This would be a good opportunity to get feedback on the work.
Breakout and Poster Session Schedule